New Car Floor Plans

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll post an update after this.

Does anyone have the info for the coach seating numbers? Where seat 1 is in coach is? Is it by asile or by seat?

Ok now an update. Added is Coach, Coach Baggage, & Diner as well as a new redesigned webpage for them! It will be at www.amtraktrainz.com/cars.html

peter

Does anyone have the info for the coach seating numbers? Where seat 1 is in coach is? Is it by asile or by seat?

Ok now an update. Added is Coach, Coach Baggage, & Diner as well as a new redesigned webpage for them! It will be at www.amtraktrainz.com/cars.html

peter
Link doesn't work.

The Super2 dorms without the H room are 39000 to about 39011. The low number ones. 39000-39003 are captive to the Auto Train and have 4 tables downstairs in the crew lounge instead of the normal 2 as well as a small fridge and microwave for the crew.

peter
Link doesn't work.
probably because i haven't uploaded it yet. It will be located there, just later.

peter

peter
Link doesn't work.
probably because i haven't uploaded it yet. It will be located there, just later.

peter
Ah I see my bad.

The Superliner Sleeper Deluxe is new for me. It looks like all bedrooms on the upper level...yes? Which routes will get these cars?
There are only 6 of those cars and the operate exclusively on the Auto Train. And yes, there are only Bedrooms or what used to be called the Deluxe room, hence the name Deluxe Sleeper.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never noticed that the superliner upstairs was so much longer than the lower floor. Couldn't Amtrak make the lower floor longer so they could accommodate more rooms? :giggle:

ok I'm having issues uploading the cool new webpage to my web server (I have a new office) so for the time being, here is the old un-organized forum post which has the new cars added to it:

http://s4.zetaboards.../topic/9380867/

peter

Scratch that, better idea. Ok this won't be the final location of this web page. However since I'm having issues accessing my main server (I got a new office & computer) here is a temporary location for the web page.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/amtkz/pages/cars/

peter

Peter, great work. Thanks; and thanks to all who have suggested improvements also. This is now a VERY useful resource for Amtrak riders.

I'm debating putting seat numbers on the coach cars, however I'd have to figure out what the order is for them on all the cars except the Amfleet IIs. That & I actually want to put the time into laying each one out.

peter

Nope. That's where the wheels go (along with batteries, HVAC, water and all the other stuff that fits under a Viewliner but obviously won't fit under a Superliner).
Missed the smiley?

All those batteries - must be an electric train!
Batteries to operate the lights when HEP drops. It isn't just batteries, there's a lot of other equipment that goes into those spaces.

Looking good!

PS: also, does anyone have copies of the Safety Cards for the cars? I've attempted to put in where basic stuff like First Aid & Fire Extinguishers are, but it's solely based off my flakey memory.
What you have marked as the first aid kit / fire extinguisher(?) on the Superliner lower levels is actually the electrical locker, the emergency equipment is on the other side of the car in that little rectangle next to the door, opposite where you marked the trash.

PS: also, does anyone have copies of the Safety Cards for the cars? I've attempted to put in where basic stuff like First Aid & Fire Extinguishers are, but it's solely based off my flakey memory. Also based off my memory is the location of Garbage & recycling; so any info on their locations would be useful as well.
I have safeties for Superliners. (Don't know if they differentiate between coach and sleeper, but if they do, I've got coach.) I'm sure I can scan them...

OK I've done some rearranging now. All my car diagrams can be found at the following website:

LINK

peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back