New Denver Station Pics

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correction: One partial picture of the station and several of the ridiculous canopy. I was there last Tuesday and was very disappointed. Why go to the trouble of restoring a station and then hide it from view.

You're right...

These photos are more "artsy" and less of the functional aspect of the space. I'll be going through there in a couple of weeks and will have to check it out personally.

You're right...

These photos are more "artsy" and less of the functional aspect of the space. I'll be going through there in a couple of weeks and will have to check it out personally.
You nailed it...obviously the photographer was more interested in creating an artistic image, than capturing useful photos's for those interested in the station, not his "art".....

On the topic of Denver station photos, the site webcam is still informative, despite a large building going up in front of it:

http://www.earthcam.com/client/kiewit/

The historic building looks like all the new dormers have been finished and the roof looks close to completion. The "split-level" doorways on the ground floor look nearly done too. (The ground floor of the two side wings, which had an extremely high ceiling, is being craftily divided into two floors.) I think they will probably achieve their planned reopening date of July 12th.

Perhaps when those new buildings are completed, someone will mount a new webcam with an unobstructed view from them....that would be nice....

Speaking of those new high-rises....I just can't believe the enormous changes to that side of the station, which when I lived there was pretty much a wasteland of wearhouses and light industry, all the way to the South Platte and the Valley Highway. Now it looks like it may rival the downtown area on real estate value.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back