New East Coast Train?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sbaitso

Train Attendant
I've spotted something interesting, but I can't seem to find any information on the Amtrak site and I was hoping that someone here might know what's going on. The past several days in a row at about 1:30pm in central North Carolina I've spotted another north bound Amtrak train on the tracks that the Silver Service normally runs on. The first day or two I thought that the Silver Star was just running extremely late, but after checking the status on the web I discovered that the Silver Star was on schedule and long gone. I called customer service to confirm it and it's not the Silver Star.

Does anyone have any information? It seems to have started this week and I can't find any service bulletins about any kind of "detour" for another train.

I've spotted something interesting, but I can't seem to find any information on the Amtrak site and I was hoping that someone here might know what's going on. The past several days in a row at about 1:30pm in central North Carolina I've spotted another north bound Amtrak train on the tracks that the Silver Service normally runs on. The first day or two I thought that the Silver Star was just running extremely late, but after checking the status on the web I discovered that the Silver Star was on schedule and long gone. I called customer service to confirm it and it's not the Silver Star.

Does anyone have any information? It seems to have started this week and I can't find any service bulletins about any kind of "detour" for another train.
Any idea what city you were in or near? Could it have been the Piedmont or Carolinian running between Raleigh and Charlotte? Maybe the Meteor taking the route of the Star?

It's on the line that passes through Raleigh,NC Cary,NC Southern Pines,NC Hamlet,NC Camden, SC etc. It's moving too quick to get much of a look at it, but from what I can tell it looks like it's mainly coach and doesn't have too many cars. I'll try to get a count if I can.

The time of day, and based on your description, seems to point to a Palmetto reroute. What else could it be? Was this south of Cary? Otherwise it must be the Carolinian.

The time of day, and based on your description, seems to point to a Palmetto reroute. What else could it be? Was this south of Cary? Otherwise it must be the Carolinian.
Yep, it was south of Cary.

Wow - a day train to Columbia, SC - rare....

I guess it does not stop though? It would be nice to ride along and check out the route in the daytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back