New England News

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion51

Engineer
After speaking with a buddy of mine over the past couple days I thought I'd share these two tidbits of information with you all.

First and foremost, the Boston LSL is now carrying a "local" coach between Boston and Albany, that is cut off in Albany before the Boston side hooks up with the New York side. The car then goes back to Boston on the next day's 448.

Second, in engine news the 105 has been refurbished. The unit has recently returned from Beech Grove with a clean cab and engine room as well as a new paint job. To my knowledge the unit is working out of New Haven right now with a trip on the Vermonter, and an unknown current assignment.

So is the BOS section still carrying a normal 1 Heritage Baggage, 1 Viewliner Sleeper, 1 Amfleet II Lounge, and 2 Amfleet II Coaches along with the one local Amfleet I Coach?

Spoke with my buddy last night, he said the local coach has been discontinued, well because they figured out there's not much local traffic to speak of (any T&E or OBS employee on that route could've told you that). But when it was there it was an additional Amfleet I coach tacked on the rear, for a total of three coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back