New flex meal menu (10/06/21)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Garlic is critical to Amtrak menus to prevent vampires from coming across the border and taking over our trains. Anderson made that decision because he felt that those illegal vampires would stop him from being the only vampire. The rest of the executives went along with it because they thought the vampires would take a bite out of their blood-sucking jobs. :):) < Those two mean it's a joke in case some members thought my comment was factual.
I rarely take your posts seriously. ;)
In fact, I’m still trying to decide if your recent flex-meal praise post was serious 🧐 (just kidding)

Does anyone know who they're contracting with for the meals? Sometimes you can find the vendor's catalog.
I think it's:
New Horizon Industries, inc.
14809 Guy R Brewer Blvd Jamaica, NY

at least that's what's on the packaging.

gategroup (deSter) is where the disposable plates that the meals come on come from I believe.

Last edited:
I think it's:
New Horizon Industries, inc.
14809 Guy R Brewer Blvd Jamaica, NY

at least that's what's on the packaging.

gategroup (deSter) is where the disposable plates that the meals come on come from I believe.
Well, I found three other New Horizon food companies but they're the wrong ones (not located in NY). Oh well.

Pretty sure that’s it. They purchase the containers from deSter and presumably make the meals at that building in NY and ship them out to the commissaries. Aramark as the commissary operator is in charge of ordering them from the vendor to the commissary and then getting them from commissary to the train.

I was messing around a couple weeks ago on Google Street View looking for USA Train Horns and around some of my ol' stomping grounds in Hialeah and tripped across an Amtrak catering facility at 4627 E 10th Ln, Hialeah, FL 33013. Never knew it was there but has been 43 years since I've been back home. Not far from the Amtrak yard in Miami.

1635898214196.png
1635898239972.png

And yes the reefer trucks are logoed with both Amtrak and Aramark.

Back