New Fresno rider here

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadfool

Train Attendant
Racking up AGR points somewhere between Fresno and
Hi everyone!

I've been reading this forum for the last few weeks and learning about trains, routes, and AGR. Inspired by the_traveler's crazy AGR loopholes, I bought 10,000 points on Dec. 31 so I can maximize my points for the upcoming year. I also plan to take full advantage of the winter promo and rack up some serious bonus points riding all around California. As usual, the best thing about Fresno is that it's close to someplace more interesting.

Thanks for all the info on this site and maybe I'll run into one of you on a train somewhere. :)

Welcome to the forum Roadfool! Good to see your already putting what you've read to good use. Wishing you many happy rail adventures in 2010!

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone.

the_traveler said:
I may be :wacko: but I like to find ways to get the most for the least. Here's hoping that you become :wacko: too!
Hmm...doesn't it mean I'm already :wacko: if I read your posts and thought it sounded like fun? :p

SanJoaquinRider said:
Fresno--the Paris of the Central Valley!
Oh man, I hadn't heard that one before, but it's perfect. That's actually better than the real slogan our city came up with - "Be world class. Be Fresno." :rolleyes:

rail_rider said:
Good to see your already putting what you've read to good use. Wishing you many happy rail adventures in 2010!
If there's one thing I'm good at, it's traveling on the cheap. I'm so excited to get started! I might have to watch this weekend's NFL playoffs from a bar somewhere in Hanford just to get some AGR points. $4.50 each way from FNO = 100 points.

Back