New from Providence

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

Just found this forum last week. I’m from Massachusetts and just moved to Providence last June after four years in Boston. I’ve always been a bit of a train enthusiast and semi-frequent NEC traveler. Took Acela for the first time last October when I went to the Baltimore area for a wedding and really enjoyed it. Taking it again to DC in March for a trip with my girlfriend and hoping to take an Acela first class trip with her to NYC this summer on the new trains.

Hi all,

Just found this forum last week. I’m from Massachusetts and just moved to Providence last June after four years in Boston. I’ve always been a bit of a train enthusiast and semi-frequent NEC traveler. Took Acela for the first time last October when I went to the Baltimore area for a wedding and really enjoyed it. Taking it again to DC in March for a trip with my girlfriend and hoping to take an Acela first class trip with her to NYC this summer on the new trains.
Welcome! I'm excited for the new trains as well 😊 at least the new Midwest cars go into service Tuesday. I'm hoping for late summer for the new Acelas.

Hi all,

Welcome

Hi all,

Welcome Aboard!

Hello AllBlue. This is my lucky day; first I meet a guy from Boston and now I meet you. I'm John from Providence (actually Warwick) and I've been riding trains since the 1950's. I have fond memories of dinner in the dinner on the Merchants Limited. I also have not so fond memories of standing from Providence to New Haven. Now I am an Amtrak fan. Now I also live in New Jersey west of Newark Penn Station.
To be very frank I am a frugal traveler; I take the Northeast Regional Service with is cheaper than Acela but also takes longer. But each to his own tastes. Enjoy your Amtrak trips with or without your girlfriend.

Back