New High Speed train for Chicago to Detroit

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may be missing it, somehow; but I'm very surprised that there isn't a discussion about the big dollars Amtrack has received for a Chicago to Detroit high speed train.

Dave

-30-

I may be missing it, somehow; but I'm very surprised that there isn't a discussion about the big dollars Amtrack has received for a Chicago to Detroit high speed train.

Dave

-30-

Do you have any source to prove your statement?

There is a discussion about Amtrak's new funding for track upgrades in the area. I have not heard about an actual new high-speed line CHI-DET.

Dave

-30-
Do you have any source to prove your statement? There is a discussion about Amtrak's new funding for track upgrades in the area. I have not heard about an actual new high-speed line CHI-DET.
Maybe he's trying to say that they've received "-30-" dollars? Maybe the OP mailed it to Amtrak but then Karen Samford got hold of it before Amtrak could report the good news?

Jeeze, you guys are rough!

It's a new train, speed notwithstanding.

At least I didn't make it up.

30-
Technically it is improvements for an already existing train; not a new train. Currently about 1/3rd of the route between Detroit & Chicago runs at 110 MPH. That money and the purchase of the tracks from Norfolk Southern will allow about 3/4ths of that run to now be made at 110 MPH. It's still the same tracks that the Wolverines use today, only instead of NS owning & operating them, it will now be Amtrak.

Regardless, it is a very good thing for Michigan and for rail in general! :)

Back