New Member from Michigan

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcswingdance

Train Attendant
Hi Everyone,

I just found this forum recently and it is Fantastic! The info is very helpful. I've taken the Wolverine to Chicago a few times & once took the EB to St. Paul from Chicago and back.

Since then, I have been dreaming of taking the EB with a sleeper to Seattle or Portland. Well this May, it will happen. Yeah!

My guy can't get the time off to travel the trip unfortunately. My mother has not traveled much out West and became intrigued so she and I are taking a trip through the west on Amtrak.

Our trip is:

Wolverine from Detroit Area to Chicago

Empire Builder from Chicago to Seattle

Spend a few days enjoying Seattle

Coast Starlight from Seattle to Sacramento

California Zephyr from Sacramento to Chicago

Wolverine back home

We have sleepers booked on EB, CS & CZ.

I want to thank everyone for the great info this site has provided. I have a list started of what to bring with me and there are lots of great tips for the ride.

I enjoy reading the travel reports and look forward to reading more.

Welcome, a great trip! As you know there's lots of really knowledgable folks on this forum so dont hesitate to ask guestions, contriibute and be sure and read all the trip reports! Stay warm, spring is on the way! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum! :)
there's lots of really knowledgable folks on this forum
... and some of us even know what we're talking about!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Really, if you have questions, ask. That's the only way to get answers.
And you know the saying "There are no wrong questions, only wrong answers" :eek: not often. :rolleyes:

Aloha

Thanks everyone!

I am sure I will have some questions as I am getting ready for my trip. It is very exciting & I think about it all the time! Woo Hoo!

Back