New member from Richmond

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome. One of my best friends lives in Virginia, so I get there at least once a year and it's one of my favorite states to visit. I try to take the Cardinal as often as possible; unfortunately it's also a very quick direct flight that requires more time on the ground at either end than in the air.

I just realized my comment about the song "The Wreck of the Old 97" didn't mention the name of the song. It has nothing to with the old James Whitcomb Riley, by the way.

Danville, Virginia, is an interesting place. Before the Civil War it had one of the few railroads in the South that was not a shortline built to steal traffic from one port to another. Passenger-wise, these days it just has the Crescent, but might be considered a better place to build up service than the difficult route to Bristol. Greensboro NC is a mini hub, after all.

I just realized my comment about the song "The Wreck of the Old 97" didn't mention the name of the song. It has nothing to with the old James Whitcomb Riley, by the way.

Danville, Virginia, is an interesting place. Before the Civil War it had one of the few railroads in the South that was not a shortline built to steal traffic from one port to another. Passenger-wise, these days it just has the Crescent, but might be considered a better place to build up service than the difficult route to Bristol. Greensboro NC is a mini hub, after all.
The Band( led by the just Deceased Robbie Robertson) mentioned Railroads and Danville several times in their hit " The Night they Drove Old Dixie Down".

Just watched this yesterday:

😎Belive it or not, I was there @ the Wintergarden for "The Last Waltz" in San Fran on Thanksgiving Day.( they fed us a a Free Turkey Dinner, lots of Illegal Substances going around!😄)

They Edited alot out of the Movie, including 2 Dylan Songs, and 1 each from Neil Young and Joni Mitchell!

Just got an email from Apple offering the Cubs/Blue Jay game for 🤑🤑🤑!😄

Last edited:
Back