New Member Info Requested (re Santa Fe, NM)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm the OP on this thread. We arrived in ABQ 4 hours late last evening. We had some really bad storms in KS hat were reported to have caused the major delay. The trip went well with the only disappointment being the meal service on the Capital Limited. The meals on the SWC were excellent. Ate with some nice and interesting people (one of the joys of rail travel).

Spent the night at the Hotel Andaluz. Built in 1938 (IIRC) and it is a gem. Fantastic service. Plus the the floor is stable (something you take for granted but several days on a train and it's noticeable)!

Today we are off to Santa Fe. Thanks again for the assistance!

I'm the OP on this thread. We arrived in ABQ 4 hours late last evening. We had some really bad storms in KS hat were reported to have caused the major delay. The trip went well with the only disappointment being the meal service on the Capital Limited. The meals on the SWC were excellent. Ate with some nice and interesting people (one of the joys of rail travel).

Spent the night at the Hotel Andaluz. Built in 1938 (IIRC) and it is a gem. Fantastic service. Plus the the floor is stable (something you take for granted but several days on a train and it's noticeable)!

Today we are off to Santa Fe. Thanks again for the assistance!

Glad to hear that things improved once you got on the Chief. West of Chicago seems to be the last glimmer of hope for Amtrak's long distance trains. Hope the rest of your trip goes well.

Late, but if others refer to the thread: Hotel Andaluz, Hotel Parq, or especially the Spy House B&B. Railrunner to Santa Fe. And check out Meow Wolf ?Art Museum? in Santa Fe which defies description, but well worth a visit. Also yes to Tucanos. Also Monk's corner taproom.

Make sure the agent knows the difference between ABQ (Albuquerque) and ALB (Albany). The guy in Portland, Or. didn't. y bags almost went to NY. Good thing the train was delayed a few minutes in ABQ - long enough for the agent there to find it before it headed north.

Similar experience, the guys loading the luggage at LAX put my suitcase in the section of the baggage car with other luggage going to Chicago (makes sense to me to arrange luggage by destination, too bad they put it in the wrong place). I saw immediately my suitcase wasn't on the luggage cart at Lamy. The agent there ran back to the baggage car; she easily found it since it was a 'hippie'-looking colorful design matching my carry-on. The tag clearly said LMY! Since then I've never used any other luggage.

Back