New member intro from California

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uptheirons29

Train Attendant
Hi, everyone. I've actually been reading these forums for the past 3 years, but now with a long train journey planned for this year, I've decided to join up . So.....hello :)

Little BG about me: I'm in my late 20's male who hails from the orange county area in Southern California. Have been a fan of trains since I was a little kid, and now as an adult who does not like flying i like trains even more. My train experience has been mostly on the Metrolink trains here in Southern California, but I've done a few Amtrak runs. Here's my Amtrak history so far:

Coast Starlight: Done the R/T journey from L.A to Seattle to visit family up in Washington 3x so far. First two trips on coach, the last one on sleepers.

Pacific Surfliner: Taken this train numerous times since high school days. Done both classes, and have gone to both terminus.

San Joaquins: I took this route once during a college visit to the Bay area.

So as you see, I'm still pretty new in terms of Amtrak long distance travel. I'd love to learn more about train travel in this wonderful country of ours, and with a super long trip planned for this fall ( Fullerton, CA to Michigan), i need help more soon. So yeah, I just want to say hello, and it's been nice learning from you guys, and hope to know more about train travel and keep learning soon :)

Up the irons!!

Back