Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've lurked in this discussion forum often, but now I want to thank all who have asked questions and those that answered.

My husband and I will be Amtraking from Maine to Glacier NP for a week, then up to Seattle to catch one of the talgo trains to Vancouver for a week. Our return trip will take us down to San Fran, over to Denver for another few days, then on to Chicago and back to Portland Maine. This will be our 52 anniversery. I've used the bedroom number suggestions, what to take help, and how much to tip, when booking all 11 segments of this month long trip. Thanks again for the priceless information. Now,I hope Amtrak does it's part.

Congrats!!! Ya takin him with ya??? B)I mean in the same sleeper,car,train, date & route?
Yep! The same. I have traveled by myself often, but never with my husband. Should be a make or break time. I am a volunteer host on the Amtrak Downeaster that runs from Portland ME to Boston 5 times a day. I was given a round trip first class for two award anywhere that Amtrak runs for 'hosting the mosting'. So, for doing something I enjoy, I get to to more of what I enjoy. Life is good for this 70+ little ole' lady.

Congrats!!! Ya takin him with ya??? B) I mean in the same sleeper,car,train, date & route?
Yep! The same. I have traveled by myself often, but never with my husband. Should be a make or break time. I am a volunteer host on the Amtrak Downeaster that runs from Portland ME to Boston 5 times a day. I was given a round trip first class for two award anywhere that Amtrak runs for 'hosting the mosting'. So, for doing something I enjoy, I get to to more of what I enjoy. Life is good for this 70+ little ole' lady.
The expression, "I can't believe they're paying me to do this I'm having so much fun!" comes to mind.

Congrats!!! Ya takin him with ya??? B)I mean in the same sleeper,car,train, date & route?
I'd like to take a rail trip in the snow season, someone suggested the Downeaster in Feb. What do you think?

I'd like to take a rail trip in the snow season, someone suggested the Downeaster in Feb. What do you think?
Riding the Downeaster in snow season can be beautiful on the outside. Be sure to check school vacations in Maine and NH before riding. Our 5 cars are often full of students - which sometimes equates to noise and constant runs to the cafe car.

Riding the Downeaster in snow season can be beautiful on the outside. Be sure to check school vacations in Maine and NH before riding. Our 5 cars are often full of students - which sometimes equates to noise and constant runs to the cafe car.
So Feb should be OK then? :unsure:

I don't know when Feb school vacations will be in 2009, but I do know that for 2 weeks during Feb. we will probably have over 75 school age children headed toward Boston almost every day. March would be a safer bet.

I don't know when Feb school vacations will be in 2009, but I do know that for 2 weeks during Feb. we will probably have over 75 school age children headed toward Boston almost every day. March would be a safer bet.
Wheeeewww!

THANX, March it will be!

Back