New roomette on Silver Meteor 97

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello

I have a roomette booked on silver meteor 97. I have previously ridden on 98 and noticed that there was a car with brand new roomettes. I called amtrak to try to make sure my roomette was a new one for my ride on 97. They said I needed to tell them a specific car and room number to book this way. Does anyone know what car has the new roomettes on silver meteor 97? Thanks

Hello

I have a roomette booked on silver meteor 97. I have previously ridden on 98 and noticed that there was a car with brand new roomettes. I called amtrak to try to make sure my roomette was a new one for my ride on 97. They said I needed to tell them a specific car and room number to book this way. Does anyone know what car has the new roomettes on silver meteor 97? Thanks
Get a Roomette in one of these cars: 9710, 9712. 9711 is usually an old Viewliner. 10 and 12 are Viewliner II. This advice is valid only in the year 2021,

Hi! I came here for this question! How in the world do you book certain car numbers? I haven't seen this online, right? Do you have to call and ask specifically over the phone? This would be for the Silver Star/Meteor. Which trains are you referring to?

Hi! I came here for this question! How in the world do you book certain car numbers? I haven't seen this online, right? Do you have to call and ask specifically over the phone? This would be for the Silver Star/Meteor. Which trains are you referring to?
You need to phone and speak to an agent. I am an AGR member, so I phone the AGR number. Currently the new Viewliner cars are Silver Meteor 9810, 9812, 9710 and 9712 and Silver Star 9211 and 9111.
Amtrak software (Arrow) will automatically select a room. Sometimes an agent will inform you that it will cost more if you want a room in another car (or just tell you that car is not available). I either ask for a supervisor or phone back. These days, it is a long wait to get an agent, so phoning back is not a great option. AGR agents tend to be more experienced and most know how to change rooms without charging you more.

OH WOW this is super valuable info, thank you sooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!! I am going to try this! I also am wondering how to get good discounts, other than the Amtrak mastercard I have!

You need to phone and speak to an agent. I am an AGR member, so I phone the AGR number. Currently the new Viewliner cars are Silver Meteor 9810, 9812, 9710 and 9712 and Silver Star 9211 and 9111.
Amtrak software (Arrow) will automatically select a room. Sometimes an agent will inform you that it will cost more if you want a room in another car (or just tell you that car is not available). I either ask for a supervisor or phone back. These days, it is a long wait to get an agent, so phoning back is not a great option. AGR agents tend to be more experienced and most know how to change rooms without charging you more.

OH WOW this is super valuable info, thank you sooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!! I am going to try this! I also am wondering how to get good discounts, other than the Amtrak mastercard I have!
There are few discounts. RPA members receive a discount as do seniors and those with disabilities.

Back