New Schedules 1/11/2016

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone taken a look at the new schedules? Are there any significant changes such as trains being taken off or added? Stops being added or annulled?

Thanks,

jb

Last edited by a moderator:
The only change I have noted so far is a faster schedule for the Vermonter north of Springfield. The reroute through Greenfield saved 30 minutes. Add that to the track improvements the year before and this train is almost an hour faster between St. Albans and Springfield!

Now, if we can ever get the new customs facility in Montreal...

As far as other routes, I haven't noticed anything new, but I'll keep looking.

What's interesting (or not) is that I rode the Vermonter both directions on Sunday, December 27th. Southbound was 30 minutes late arriving in SPG but the magic of schedule padding allowed it to depart on time headed to WAS.

With the schedule now being tightened I wonder how often it will depart SPG on time. A question for ASMAD as we go forward....

I had previously mentioned the extension of a Thruway Bus that was Pittsburgh to Columbus to Trotwood-Dayton and Indianapolis but that's probably a real minor expansion of service.

That one discusses the printing, distribution and general content of the book.

My original question is are there any significant changes that I'll need to know about so that the Amtrak Status Maps are produced correctly when the new timetable takes effect.

I can detect most things, but the one thing that the schedule checker/fixer will never get is if a new stop has been added to an existing train. Someone will need to tell me about those.

Thanks,

jb

My original question is are there any significant changes that I'll need to know about so that the Amtrak Status Maps are produced correctly when the new timetable takes effect.

I can detect most things, but the one thing that the schedule checker/fixer will never get is if a new stop has been added to an existing train. Someone will need to tell me about those.

Thanks,

jb
I just did a side-by-side comparison of the old vs new national timetables and I don't see any difference in stations. Also don't recall any recent news items about a station stop being added or removed, so I think ASM will still be accurate.

Super.

Thanks,

jb

Thanks,

jb
There are a few minor scheduling differences. Most of the major changes (like 89, 181) were already implemented and this is the print version catching up with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back