New to the forum

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, everyone. I’m new here. I love traveling via Amtrak. I’ll admit, I’ve been more loyal to Greyhound due to the train having less routes. I’m glad there are finally trains going through Arizona now, which is where I spend most of my time. I prefer ground travel and love the scenery you get on the train. My family being in Pittsburgh, I get long journeys going out west which I love.

I actually have my next trip booked in November. This would be my fifth Amtrak trip. I have a cross-country trip from Pittsburgh to Arizona, where I will be staying at least for the winter. I’m a snowbird, and to be honest, Pittsburgh is lame. Sorry to anyone who was born/lives there — and I’m sure there’s someone. It just got stale after growing up there. The vibes are just different out west and in other parts of the country.

About me personally: I’m 24 years old (female) and I’m a big sports fan. I follow hockey mostly, but I’m into baseball and football as well. My username is an alias I’ve been going by online for a long time. I used to be a Pokémon fan when I was younger, not so much anymore at all, but the name stuck. I’ve been on four total Amtrak trips and seven Greyhound bus trips. I can honestly say I’m at my happiest when I travel.

I’m one of the younger members (most likely), but I look forward to being apart of this forum.

When I was USA Hockey NY District CIC I attended and worked at a Level 5 Coaching Symposium in Pittsburgh, I actually liked it. Especially compared to how the city used to be. Served on the Safety and Protective Equipment Committee with a Dr who was team orthopedist for the Penguins for 20 + years. Hockey in Pittsburgh is very different than it was when I was growing up, back then they were a running joke.

Hi, everyone. I’m new here. I love traveling via Amtrak. I’ll admit, I’ve been more loyal to Greyhound due to the train having less routes. I’m glad there are finally trains going through Arizona now, which is where I spend most of my time. I prefer ground travel and love the scenery you get on the train. My family being in Pittsburgh, I get long journeys going out west which I love.

I actually have my next trip booked in November. This would be my fifth Amtrak trip. I have a cross-country trip from Pittsburgh to Arizona, where I will be staying at least for the winter. I’m a snowbird, and to be honest, Pittsburgh is lame. Sorry to anyone who was born/lives there — and I’m sure there’s someone. It just got stale after growing up there. The vibes are just different out west and in other parts of the country.

About me personally: I’m 24 years old (female) and I’m a big sports fan. I follow hockey mostly, but I’m into baseball and football as well. My username is an alias I’ve been going by online for a long time. I used to be a Pokémon fan when I was younger, not so much anymore at all, but the name stuck. I’ve been on four total Amtrak trips and seven Greyhound bus trips. I can honestly say I’m at my happiest when I travel.

I’m one of the younger members (most likely), but I look forward to being apart of this forum.

Welcome, fellow baseball fan, and I'll even overlook your dissing Pittsburgh. (Which is anything but lame...but then again, I don't know what part of the area you're from; there are some beautiful but admittedly backward parts of western PA.)

You might be interested in this thread: Self-guided baseball trip on Amtrak?.

Back