new to the site and train riding

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi :hi: I joined your site in hopes of getting some help planning a summer trip and getting pointers on what to expect and such. I've spent the morning reading a lot of the current postings ...... what a great group of people here.

Welcome!
hi.gif

Ask any questions you have, and I'm sure you'll get many answers.

#1 - If you're planning to travel this summer, book your trip ASAP (if not sooner), because trains fill up fast and the price raises as they fill up. And unlike airlines, as long as you do not print your tickets, there is no cancellation fee!

#2 - If you are not a member of Amtrak Guest Rewards (AGR) you should be! AGR is similar to an airline's Frequent Flyer Program. If you are not a member of AGR and would like a referral to join, send me a Private Message (PM) with your email address(es). (If more than 1 person is traveling, each person should have his/her own AGR account - and each account has to have a separate email address.) Only the person traveling can earn AGR points. Otherwise they're lost forever!
sad.gif

Hi :hi: I joined your site in hopes of getting some help planning a summer trip and getting pointers on what to expect and such. I've spent the morning reading a lot of the current postings ...... what a great group of people here.
Aloha and welcome

Traveler is an expert on the AGR program but we don't tell him that because we don't want to be the cause of his having to buy a bigger hat. :rolleyes:

Janelynn .... you'll love this site ... everyone is so knowledgeable and helpful ... welcome!

Back