New Virginia Train updates?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Philzy

Train Attendant
Just curious how the bookings were for the new extension of the NER train to Lynchburg? hopefully strong? I’m planning on taking it around the beginning of the month from Philadelphia down to Charlottesville, VA. I’m really hopeful that this leads to a few more daily trains, maybe even getting as far south as Roanoke in the future?

I assume the construction for the siding at Kemper Street Station has been completed at LYH?

Any other news?

As of Tuesday morning they were still working on the siding. They were spreading crusher run stone between the tracks that are on the oposite side of the mainline boarding platform used by the Cresent. They are also putting in what appears to be one or two additional sidings just above the siding they are preparing for the overnight storage of the regional train.

As of Tuesday morning they were still working on the siding. They were spreading crusher run stone between the tracks that are on the oposite side of the mainline boarding platform used by the Cresent. They are also putting in what appears to be one or two additional sidings just above the siding they are preparing for the overnight storage of the regional train.
I'm heading down to Lynchburg on the Crescent tomorrow (Saturday), and will be in town until I return on the inaugural northbound (October 1). Looking forward to seeing the changes! (Hope everything's done in time... I wasn't expecting to hear they were still working on the siding!)

I'm heading down to Lynchburg on the Crescent tomorrow (Saturday), and will be in town until I return on the inaugural northbound (October 1). Looking forward to seeing the changes! (Hope everything's done in time... I wasn't expecting to hear they were still working on the siding!)

There's a nice photo album on railroadpicturearchives.net on the work. Looks like most of it is done (the siding is in, the new platform, platform lights, and extra yard tracks are in place).

Just curious how the bookings were for the new extension of the NER train to Lynchburg? hopefully strong? I’m planning on taking it around the beginning of the month from Philadelphia down to Charlottesville, VA. I’m really hopeful that this leads to a few more daily trains, maybe even getting as far south as Roanoke in the future?
I assume the construction for the siding at Kemper Street Station has been completed at LYH?

Any other news?

I doubt that it will reach Roanoke in the next few years, first off they need a station, second a place to store the train (they've rebuilt the Lynchburg station, so that can also keep service from Roanoke), and three, it would require a nother equipment set, and one of the reasons why this service is being iniciated is it uses a set of equipment that would just sit in Washington overnight.

There's a nice photo album on railroadpicturearchives.net on the work. Looks like most of it is done (the siding is in, the new platform, platform lights, and extra yard tracks are in place).
Hey! Were you planning to share an URL to the nice photoalbum with us plebians, or just tantalize us? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back