New York and back

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stntylr

OBS Chief
Last week I took my big annual Amtrak Trip. I rode the Texas Eagle from Temple to Chicago, the Lake Shore Limited from Chicago to New York , the Cardinal from New York to Chicago and the Texas Eagle back home.

I had a great time. I had a 7 hour layover in Chicago, while I was there I went to the Willis Tower and visited the Federal Reserve Bank Money Museum. They had a cube with a million dollars in one dollar bills there plus a real 10,000 dollar bill, a one dollar bill with Martha Washington on it and a 20 dollar bill with George Washington. All real money.

In New York I went to Times Square, ate dinner at Grand Central Terminal, rode the subway and went to the top of the Empire State Building. I had only 12 hours in New York before I headed back to Chicago on the Cardinal. Wonderful scenery but I was disappointed by the food in the diner.

In Chicago I got on the Texas Eagle for my return trip. It was the only segment that I had a sleeper.

I made a slide show video to show off my trip.

A classy dude you are for including the Beethoven 9th, but you did not let it run to the final cadence! I have had a fantasy of doing an air tour of Grand Canyon accompanied by the Chorale in E Major for organ by Cesar Franck. That is an obscure idea, but would be an impressive alternative to the well known Grand Canyon Suite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back