Newbies from Ohio

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello to all here, and thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience. My wife (iTrain2) and I will soon depart at o'dark-thirty for our first, "get your feet wet" train trip from Cincinnati to Clifton Forge and return. We thought the railroad history and museum at CFG makes it a perfect first destination. We'll be going coach both ways, traveling light with a couple of 21-inch rolling carry-ons. Advice welcome, including things not to miss in Clifton Forge. Thanks again!

Welcome and enjoy your trip!
hi.gif

If possible, sit on the right side (going eastbound) for the best views of the New River Gorge - between 8 and 10 AM!
wink.gif

Welcome. CIN is a great looking station, if you get tired of the Card there's always ALC.
Thanks! CIN/Union Terminal is a great museum, too. If we get the CIN -> CLE, we'll definitely be spending more time up that way!

if you get tired of the Card there's always ALC.
... and you get to leave at o'dark thirty five instead - and it has a great Amshack!
mosking.gif

I thought a 'amshack was an amateur radio station in an English speaking country. ;)

Back