NJ Transit Push Pull Trains.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just read in a recent issue of railpace magazine that the steel company making the trucks for the Comet Vs shut down and went out of business. A new company just re-opened the steel plant and production of the trucks is to be started up again. This has put a delay of the dilvery of the cars for both NJ Transit and Metro North.

Amfleet said:
I just read in a recent issue of railpace magazine that the steel company making the trucks for the Comet Vs shut down and went out of business. A new company just re-opened the steel plant and production of the trucks is to be started up again. This has put a delay of the dilvery of the cars for both NJ Transit and Metro North.
I can confirm that story, as I have a friend who rides the Bergen Line every weekday. A conductor that my friend knows, was telling him about that very same problem and that all deliveries had been put on hold.

Ricardo, I think it was mentioned on one of the press releases on their website, I'll look for the link later if you can't find it.

It was in a recent issue in Trains magazine, August issue If i'm not mistaken, you can order it from their website, it has a picture as well.

Amtrak Railfan said:
In the past was NJ Transit have Push-Pull Trains back in the 1970s?
Well there were push-pull trains running in NJ back in the 70's.

However New Jersey Transit did not exist during the 70's. The corporation was formed at the end of 1979 and they did not take over rail operations until 1983.

AlanB said:
Amtrak Railfan said:
In the past was NJ Transit have Push-Pull Trains back in the 1970s?
Well there were push-pull trains running in NJ back in the 70's.

However New Jersey Transit did not exist during the 70's. The corporation was formed at the end of 1979 and they did not take over rail operations until 1983.
Alan is correct, back in the '70's it was Penn Central, Erie-Lackawanna/NJDOT until Conrail took over. NJT assumed all rail operations on January 1, 1983.

I don't really think all equipment was Push-Pull.

Amtrak Railfan said:
When was the last runing for the E60's on the NJ Transit's North Jersey Coast line Trains?
Around the early 1990's when the ALP-44's began arriving. Many (if not all) the E60's came from Amtrak initially.

Amtrak Railfan said:
How many Comet IB Passager Cars are in service? And on what Route can this cars can be seen?
1) Don't know

2) Maybe the Raritan Valley Line, I'd think they'll be gone if not gone already as will the Comet I's and Unrefurbished Comet IIs (the IIs getting refurbed of course)

Back