No more F59's on cascades

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently i have ridden the amtrak cascades 4 times in the past month, and i have not seen an F59PHI on the route all i saw were, P42dc's is there a reason there were no EMD's present?

They are still there based on Facebook photos recently, you just got unlucky.

Not until their replacements arrive next year, the states that support the route have ordered new chargers to replace them, but I have a feeling that the Amtrak owned units will continue until they order their own replacements.

When I took the Cascades SEA-VAC, I had an F59PHI, but the day before, I saw the northbound cascades with a P42, and then passed it on the way to VAC, at 79 MPH

There are six F59PHis in Cascades service (when all are operating and are not in for maintenance) and eight talgo sets. Two have to operate with P42DCs. Chances are you just happened to get the sets running with P42s.

Meanwhile Amtrak is in a power shortage... Shocking.... Between Talgos, California Trains, and now MARC trains using P42's I can only imagine how much power will become available when all of the Chargers are in service for their respective services. It could be as high as 30 units being freed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back