No Points for 8000-Series Buses?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sechs

Engineer
I took a trip in December involving a couple of 8000-series buses, and points did not post, even after filling out the missing points form. The representative tells me that AGR hasn't been posting any points for these buses, presumably since the in-sourcing last year. When asked to produce anything saying that they could or would do such a thing, the representative was unable to oblige. After consulting with her manager, she said that there is to be a meeting later this week about how these would be handled.

As far as I can tell, all 8000-series buses are non-dedicated routes.

Has anyone else run into this recently?

At one point in time the T&C used to exclude 2 series of buses from points. I seem to recall that being the 7,000 & 8,000 series. However, upon checking the T&C just now I see that it only list the 7,000 series buses. Therefore there should be no reason that you're not able to get points for the 8,000 series buses. You might want to do a screen shot of the T&C showing that condition, along with the current date just for proof.

The current T&C are from just a month ago, so I can't see how they would not know what they excepted from earning points.

What gets me is that it seems like they change the rules every month. It's as if they have a regular meeting to find out where they're handing out points that they don't want to, and then plug that hole.

I called back today about getting my points.

I received the same spiel about not getting points for 8000-series buses. After being put on hold twice, waiting for a call-back, and some more holding, the representative said that her supervisor had agreed to post the points.

What really happened is that it looks like I was taking up too much phone time, and the supervisor authorized 200 goodwill points to get me on my way. Unfortunately, that's not even enough, due to the double points promo (even though the representative promised otherwise).

Why did does it seem like customer service at AGR was better with the Canadians, who had never ridden a train and were clueless about our geography?

They're not even consistent on the 7000 series. Early last year I took 7304/7303 (the Lamy-Santa Fe van) and a couple months after the trip, got points for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back