No red markers on the AmStatus maps (Dixieland site)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

OBS Chief
How often has anyone seen this? It's just after 11 AM PST and not one red train anywhere in the Amtrak system. A bunch of yellow ones, especially in the mid-West, but not a single red. Kind of like a no-hitter? Hint: this won't last very long.

I saw this on Wednesday, but it it had cleared by Thursday mid day for me. The train locations were showing up, but the routes in Red were gone. It's working for me today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon here and still only one red train (not route) - 91 almost into Miami but in the red.

Don't worry. I'm sure someone is preparing to challenge a locomotive to a battle of wits as we speak.

How often has anyone seen this? It's just after 11 AM PST and not one red train anywhere in the Amtrak system. A bunch of yellow ones, especially in the mid-West, but not a single red. Kind of like a no-hitter? Hint: this won't last very long.
You are likely looking at the status map using the Historic On-Time standard setting which is extremely generous for delays resulting in red (>90 minutes late) or yellow tags for the trains. At the moment, there are some LD trains that are running over 1 hour late, but less than 90 minutes. Which for the LD trains qualifies as a good trip.

If you switch the On-Time option to Amtrak-Based On-Time Standard which varies by duration of scheduled trip, you will likely see some red tagged trains. That is what I see at the moment. That noted, the overall OTP for Amtrak has been much better in the past several months with the end of track work season on many routes and, apparently. less freight traffic.

Don't worry. I'm sure someone is preparing to challenge a locomotive to a battle of wits as we speak.
It took a little longer than expected, but as predicted:

Amtrak train crashes into pickup

http://fox5sandiego.com/2015/12/19/amtrak-train-crashes-into-pickup/

Brief fair use quote:

SAN DIEGO — Train service between San Diego and Oceanside resumed Saturday afternoon after an Amtrak Surfliner train collided with a pickup truck, an Amtrak spokesperson said.

The railroad track, between Morena Boulevard in San Diego and the city of Oceanside, was shut down for two and a half hours after the collision, Mike Tolbert added.

The train hit the truck at around 2 p.m. at the intersection of Morena Boulevard and Ariane Drive, dragging the vehicle — which had two occupants — 100 feet, said Capt. Joe Amador. Amador added there were no reported injuries.
Meanwhile, on the east coast:

Amtrak train hits car abandoned on tracks in Durham, officials say

http://wncn.com/2015/12/19/amtrak-train-hits-car-abandoned-on-tracks-in-durham-officials-say/

Brief "fair use" quote:

DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — An Amtrak train was stopped for more than 2 hours Saturday night after colliding with a car in Durham.

The train hit a car on the tracks in Durham at 6:43 p.m. while the train – The Carolinian — was heading from New York to Charlotte, officials say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back