Northeast Regional: Boarding at a different station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In case anyone else needs to do this, I called Amtrak and they worked it out for me. At first, the agent said they can't change my reservation to shorten my trip without charging me the new non-sale price and that if I don't board in New York, my reservation will be cancelled. But, the agent spoke with a manager and said they can change my reservation without charging me a different price so this is what I did.
So, there you have it. If you call them up, it's possible to do.
That is great that it worked. But I still think it should be written up as a procedure so that all ticket agents can do this, so that we don't have to call and then pray that we get an agent that we will work with us.

So ridiculous. Just got off the phone with a ticket agent so I can leave from Dearborn (where a parked car won't get demolished) instead of Detroit. Their first move is to say "oh it'll be $10 more for each direction (RT ticket) and you'll lose your AAA discount since it's tomorrow. "Can I talk to a supervisor?" 2 minute hold later they've moved it and not charged me. Stay classy, Amtrak...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back