NOW HERE IS A STORY!!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder where it would be stuck, the walls are clear plexiglass :D Kinda hard to hide it with one side missing and three sides almost transparent :D

Haha, I dont think the train ever came that day either!! Wasnt the Chicago line closed down up by Utica due to that CSX wreck?!

Someone should have at least came and told the people, I mean they were waiting there for four hours. Usually when there is a major delay one of the Amshack regulars comes by and informs the people waiting!!

IIRC the incident was cleared out before the Lake Shore Limited got there. Even still, there would be a bus to pick passengers up from the station if the line was not expected to be cleared by the time the train went through.

That is why you should not drink and open your mouth at the same time. :D

If the guy had not been drinking, he probably would not have told the guy that there was a bomb in his bag to keep the guy from touching it. People should think a little more after 9/11.

I just looked at the Arival Status display for Sundays eastbound, it was a service disruption message for the train! I thought I remember reading on another fourm that the first train to pass through the area was 49(5) since the line reopened at 9PM on Sunday.

Seems to me though at like efin said, a bus should have at least gone threw. Who knows now adays though with Amtraks "No alternate transportation" motto. haha

Pretty sure it was No Alternate Transportation. Usually the only time you'll get Alternate Transportation is if it's a partial cancellation, i.e. Sunset annulled at NOUPT.

Yeah, I was just kidding about the alternate transportation, because its Amtraks duty pretty much to get ya threw to the destination (though there are some cases where they dont do so). Maybe the train was annuled somewhere along the line very late and the busses didnt arrive yet into Pittsfield. But if the guy wanted to get back to Boston bad enough, he should have just walked over to the Bus Station over on South Street.

One thing Ive noticed that there are alot of strange folk who hang out, or possibly live at the Amshack! Jeez I was just there last friday because I had to go pick someone up at BCC and I stopped there to eat my BK breakfast, and there were two strange looking fellows in there, doing . . . well Im not quite sure but it didnt look right from my angle. But at least the CSX Freights going by made up for it. Gotta love those big GE freight units throttling up once they get the go light!!

battalion51 said:
Pretty sure it was No Alternate Transportation. Usually the only time you'll get Alternate Transportation is if it's a partial cancellation, i.e. Sunset annulled at NOUPT.
That's essentially correct.

The rule would be, once transportation has commenced, in other words you're on the train, then Amtrak must get you to your destination no matter what.

However, if they cancel the train before you leave home, as long as they offer you a full refund, then they can leave you with no alternate transportation.

Back