"NP" dome PV on today's (06/22) #11

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMDF9A

Lead Service Attendant
AMTRAK #11 the Coast Starlight left Seattle this AM with two PV on the back. I was the Trails & Rails guide. When I looked out the last window of the coaches I saw the and thought it was the Silver Lariat. A private car that I see frequently on #11 & #14. After arrival in Portland I hung around the station to watch the departure and as the PV came into view, what to my wondering eyes did appear... Well it wasn't the Silver Lariat. It was a Dome lettered for the Northern Pacific and had a "partial" Loewy paint scheme. The upper and lowers portions of the car were in stainless but with a two tone Loewy green scheme running through the window area. It was also lettered for the CB&Q.

Although it wasn't 100% NP it sure was beautiful seeing that gorgeous green roll down the rails. I'm not sure how far south they are going, as I forgot to ask for the manifest when I got into the Met Lounge. So if you are along the route of the Starlight, keep a lookout for this "NP" dome.

David Edman
Seattle

Back