NYP Amfleet I Cafe/BC Cars

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orie

Service Attendant
Hi all,

I really want to try out a medium range trip in the 2x1 business class seating once. I've heard that they're the most comfortable seats in the Amtrak fleet and I know there a lot of scenic routes that head out from New York. I'm going to head out on the Aderondack in the fall to try out the dome car if I can on the way to a meetup in Montreal, but I wanted to set up another trip too. I know the Ethan Allen Express uses the car, does anyone know the full list of trains out of NYC (or throughout the country just for general info) that uses the 2x1 cafe car set up?

Thanks a ton

Orie

I know the Vermonter does. I believe 66/67 (overnight northeast regional trains) do too.

The Maple Leafs NYP-Toronto/River Runners STL-KCY/Regionals #66 and #67 between Newport News and BOS/Wolverines CHI to Pontiac and Downeasters all have 2x1 Seating in their Cafe/ Biz Class Cars! Great way to roll!

Last edited by a moderator:
Down Easter uses 2x1 seating too. I believe the Missouri river runner also uses 2x1, but not 100% sure.

:angry2: I'm just going to sit here and pout since they removed them from the Palmetto. :angry2:
Haha tell me about it. I took it down to SAV to meet up with my family and am taking it back to NY a week from tomorrow thinking it was still the 2x1 set up. Low and behold I got on the train to find 2x2. At least I got my own row though, I walked through the train somewhere in North Carolina and coach was packed full. Thanks for the lists everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back