NYP Baggage storage?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmtrakPDX

Train Attendant
Friends,

We're getting ready (and excited) to head out on a cross figure '8'. We won't be leaving NYP (sleeper) for the return trip until later in the afternoon; well after we check out of the hotel, but wanted to have some time to do some additional sightseeing. Are there lockers in NYP where we can store our treasures? Does anyone have a sense of the 'vacancy' rate of the lockers. Is there a Metro Lounge in NYP? Is storage available there?

TIA for all of your help, this site has been invaluable in planning this trip!

Friends,
We're getting ready (and excited) to head out on a cross figure '8'. We won't be leaving NYP (sleeper) for the return trip until later in the afternoon; well after we check out of the hotel, but wanted to have some time to do some additional sightseeing. Are there lockers in NYP where we can store our treasures? Does anyone have a sense of the 'vacancy' rate of the lockers. Is there a Metro Lounge in NYP? Is storage available there?

Hello,

Penn station has luggage storage, it's was something like $5 for the day when I was there 2 weeks ago. I'm pretty sure that you can store your bag in the lounge, which is a clubacela. Because you're in a sleeper, you will have access to the lounge. Hope you have fun on your trip!

Friends,

No lockers in NYP but you will be able to store your carry on luggage in the lounge,also IIRC you can check your stuff with baggage check for $3 per bag/article!It should be safe but I wouldnt leave anything really valuable in the bags,it is NY!! :lol: Have a great trip,Alan might have some real tips about the sightseeing and other handy NYP tips-you might PM him! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
As stated, there are no lockers at NYP. There is a luggage area within the Club Acela Lounge at NY, but it is not a locked room guarded by a red cap like it is in Chicago. It is an open room to anyone who has access to Club Acela. Therefore you don't want to leave anything of major value in your bags, even though I've never heard of anyone ever having a problem.

If you want more security, then head to the baggage check area where you can day check you bags for $5 per bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back