NYP

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonys96

Conductor
In Poughkeepsie now, going into NYP. Got a room on west 37th. Any pointers on how to get from Penn Sta to the hotel?

In Poughkeepsie now, going into NYP. Got a room on west 37th. Any pointers on how to get from Penn Sta to the hotel?
Probably walk up 8th Ave (up is larger street number, so from 33rd to 37th.

Turn onto 37th St. If the address is below 299, turn right. If it is above 300, turn left.

It is not a very dangerous part of town any more. Well, watch for crazy drivers.

Vision Zero is a vision, and we're closing in on 200 pedestrians and bicyclists

killed by drivers this year.

If you can handle your luggage, walk. Watch out for crazy drivers.

If you can't handle your luggage, you'll have to flag a taxi.

In Poughkeepsie now, going into NYP.
From Poughkeepsie south bound to NYC, doesn't one have to take Metro North, and Metro North goes to Grand Central, not NYP.

If you want to take Amtrak south bound, I think you need to head north to Rhinebeck to catch one.

Or has this changed?

From Poughkeepsie south bound to NYC, doesn't one have to take Metro North, and Metro North goes to Grand Central, not NYP.

If you want to take Amtrak south bound, I think you need to head north to Rhinebeck to catch one.

Or has this changed?
There used to be a no local travel south of POU clause in the Empire Service timetable, but that's been removed for a few years now.

Or has this changed?
There used to be a no local travel south of POU clause in the Empire Service timetable, but that's been removed for a few years now.
Yea, my current AGR point run is a quick trip from NYP to Yonkers and back.

Thanks.

We were on the LSL. Got a redcap who got us a cab.worked out just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back