Obama: HSR Funding "Untouchable"

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think of the huge solar collector system that was recently stopped because of its presumed effect on some species of desert turtle (I think it was). What are we supposed to do? Burn more oil/gas/coal instead. Build nuclear? Oh wait, the horrors of radiation. I think one of the classics examples is the prohibition of putting up clotheslines in many subdivisions loaded with people oh so concerned with the environment. Guess what! A closthesline reduces electricity consumption, or gas consumption because you are using solar power, not fossil fuel to dry your clothes. I tend to regard many of these on so concerned environmentalists as sanctimonious hypocrites.
George, you remind me of a man I saw on television complaining about environmentalists flipping him off in his Hummer from the windows of their Chevy Suburbans and Ford Expeditions. The only problem was that he couldn't explain WHY he was so convinced that these angry drivers must be card-carrying environmentalists. He just assumed that anyone who was upset with him must be an environmentalist and that all environmentalists must be tank-driving hypocrites. It never occurred to him that maybe his assumptions had become so convoluted over the years that they ceased to make any sense.
Dear Texas Sunset, It appears that by now if I said the sky was blue you would find something wrong with it. Most of what you just said that I said was putting words in my mouth, and not at all either what I said or what I meant.
I'm sorry George, which words did I put in your mouth?

In the past couple days, the feds released $24Mil+ to PennDOT. This money was planned out about a year (maybe more) ago - better late than never! The money will go specifically to the Keystone corridor to eliminate three at-grade crossings.

Months ago I recall reading of a three part plan to upgrade the keystone corridor from 110 to 125 - this was 1 part. However for the life of me, I can no longer find that info. Perhaps someone on here does have it? I am not sure what the hold up was with this piece of the plan, or what the hold up is for the other two parts, but I am glad it came to be. I suspect the other two parts of the plan, along with lots of other HSR improvements are not quite so untouchable.

Back