Odd transdorm experience on 5(24)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truncated

Train Attendant
Currently on board the Westbound Zephyr somewhere in Iowa — booked late so ended up in a Roomette in the Transdorm (which I’m entirely fine with), but some interesting observations so far which seem contrary to what I’ve read about the transdorm on here in preparation for the trip:

- We have our own SCA for the Transdorm and aren’t sharing with the adjacent car; as a result I haven’t needed to cross over to get off at the smoke stops en route
- Instead of only selling the roomettes in half the car (17 - 24) it looks like the revenue pax have spilled over into the other half of the train as well (was paired at dinner with the solo traveler in roomette 2)
- All bathrooms/showers are appear to be available for passenger use (including the one in the middle of the car that’s usually reserved for the crew) — however there are no towels in either shower on the upper level

Not sure if this is a one-off given how it’s a full train over the holidays, and we’ll see if there’s coffee tomorrow morning or if I need to go to the 32 car for it, but overall no real complaints with being in the transdorm (although our SCA has been fairly absent so far)

This is due to the Holiday travel. We have the Transdorm open for sale on the Builder. Rooms 2, 17-24 and Room H. Room 2 being for sale has upset a some employees along with selling Rooms 17-24.

As for no towels in the upper level shower/bathrooms. There isn't any place to put them that wouldn't interfere with using the sink or toilet.

In cases like this where all rooms become revenue rooms, where does the crew stay? Is there some type of dorm area?

Back