Online Ticket Pricing

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Musicians4Trains

Train Attendant
Hello all.

I finally went ahead and bought my ticket for my December trip on the Sunset Ltd. :D

A couple of questions: As I entered the info on the website I would sometimes get different ticket prices for the same trip. Why is that? How does that work? Is it that the closer you get to your trip, the more they charge?

Question #2: I scheduled to make my return trip via reserved coach.

If, somewhere between New Orleans and Los Angeles, I should decide to get a bedroom, how do I know what the pricing schedule is? Or is there a pricing schedule? :eek:

Thanks for you help. :)

Amtrak increases prices during peek travel times and as train fill up. Also some routes, I'm not sure if the Sunset is one of them, have different prices depending on which day of the week you are departing. As an example all Silver Service trains cost less if you depart on Monday, Tuesday, or Wedensday.

As to your second question, there is no easy way to know what the price of a bedroom would be. If you are really curious, you can use the online system to check various cities along the way to get an idea. Just pick a city, enter the code and price the room to LA from that point. Expect the price to vary though when you actually travel as the train may fill up between now and then. Also only use the online price of the room as a guideline, since typically the conductor will knock at least 20% off the normal room rate if there is one available.

Ps. Unless you are traveling over the holidays, I hope that you either took advantage of Amtrak's 35% off sale or got a rail sale ticket.

"Ps. Unless you are traveling over the holidays, I hope that you either took advantage of Amtrak's 35% off sale or got a rail sale ticket."

Thanks Alan. I leave at 10:30 PM on December 18. As of now, I am scheduled to leave Atlanta on January 2. The only reason that I'm leaving that early is because I am scheduled to teach the winter intersession at my college.

But if I can find a sub for my class :p , I might stay an extra two weeks. :D

But we'll see. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back