Operation Lifesaver train in Montana

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EB_OBS

Conductor
The Operation Lifesaver train is making it's way through Montana as I post this. Today it's in Great Falls. The consist is two Amtrak locomotives #3 & #144, a superliner sleeper, CCC, transition dorm car and two private cars the Yerba Beuna and the Beuna Vista dome car.

The train will leave Great Falls today at 1pm.

We have an overnight layover in Laurel, MT then on to Manhattan, then to Helena, MT.

We'll be in Helena on Monday afternoon.

Operation Lifesaver presentations take place until 6pm on Monday and Tuesday.

The train departs Helena at 5:30am on Wednesday morning.

Next is Drummond, MT approximately 9am to 1pm.

Train arrives into Missoula, MT around 4pm.

There's Operation Lifesaver presentations in Missoula on Thursday 9am - 5pm and on Friday 9am - 1130am.

The train departs Missoula at noon.

Arrives into Thompson Falls at approximately 4pm.

OL presentations from 4:30pm - 5:30pm.

Departs T. Falls at 6pm.

Train arrives into Spokane at 9pm.

The Operation Lifesaver presentations are open to the public. There is also a tour of the train. Emergency responders in the area have all been informed and receive additional emergency preparedness education on the equipment.

Link to Operation Lifesaver website

Last edited by a moderator:
Being overseas, I had no idea what this operation lifesaver was about. I looked it up on the internet and for anyone else in the dark, it is about rail and road crossing safety.

When in India, we passed a couple of Medical Operation trains, these are set up as mobile operating theatres, and treat eye problems, etc, when they roll into town..

Eddie :cool:

Being overseas, I had no idea what this operation lifesaver was about. I looked it up on the internet and for anyone else in the dark, it is about rail and road crossing safety.
Does it feature Jeremy Clarkson with not one but TWO hard hats? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back