Opinions Please

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Musicians4Trains

Train Attendant
I went down to Union Station (Los Angeles) on Sunday and picked up my ticket for my upcoming trip on the Sunset Ltd.

I also asked the agent for some brochures about Amtrak. She happily obliged but the first thing that she did before she gave me the Amtrak Travel Planner for 2002, was to write the word VOID in big black letters over the Amtrak Promise of Satisfacton Guaranteed.

Does anyone know why? :huh:

Thanks.

Yes, the satisfaction guarantee was eliminated last month. Amtrak was giving away far to many vouchers for late trains, something that they have no control over at all.

However that does not mean that if you have serious problems with your trip, that you still can't write Amtrak to complain. Depending on your complaint and Amtrak's control over the problem, you may still be awarded a travel voucher. The process is just no longer automatic. Each problem will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, and late trains will no longer qualify.

Thanks AlanB. I suspected that it was probably something to do with too many people complaining about something. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back