Order of Cars on Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize in advance if this has been previously discussed. Is there a set order of the sleeper cars? For instance if you have a roomette in 1430 on the Coast Starlight...will that car always be ahead (closer to the engine) of the 1431 car? I have an upcoming trip on the Coast Starlight and never thought about the car order on previous trips.

I apologize in advance if this has been previously discussed. Is there a set order of the sleeper cars? For instance if you have a roomette in 1430 on the Coast Starlight...will that car always be ahead (closer to the engine) of the 1431 car? I have an upcoming trip on the Coast Starlight and never thought about the car order on previous trips.
Actually the 1430 car will be closest to the Pacific Parlour Car. The numbers get bigger the farther away you get from the dining car. Or the PPC in this case. So 1431 and 1432 will be closer to the locomotives actually.

Rail-rider, you'll find the answer to that question in this topic. It describes all the trains and how they are numbered in general. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back