Ordering from the Amtrak Store

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that maintaing a store full of clothes and posters and collectiables can't be very high on Amtrak's list of things that keep them up at night. So I was just wondering if anyone had any stories good or bad about ordering from the site. I just placed an order for the 4 new Acela Express Posters to hang in my basement. They were a good price 5 dollars and 10% off through AGR so I figured why not. I also ordered one of the hats. I didnt get a confrimation email or anything so I was wondering if you guys had any experiences with it and a guess on how long it takes them to fill and **** orders.

I hope putting this here is okay I didnt know where else to put it this was the best fit.

thanks

I have placed two orders, everything came very quickly. I think the amtrak store is outsourced.

As a reference for next time, Long Train, items like yours more properly belong in the Amtrak Unlimited Apparel & Shopping Forum.

Paid Advertisement

You know, friends, as a well-dressed railfan people often come up to me at museums, on excursions, or during other foamer events, and ask "Wherever were you able to procure such a handsome, striking, sharp and debonaire railroad-related garment as the fine t-shirt in which you are currently attired?"

And I always reply, "Good sir, you obviously possess a fine intellect, keen powers of observation, and a remarkable appreciation of sartorial splendor. In response to your most welcome inquiry, for my railroad apparel requirements I always click on Daylight Sales. This excellent establishment offers a comprehensive collection of railroad-related regalia, listed by railroad and naturally inclusive of Amtrak. In addition there is a Bargain Corner section featuring sale and discontinued items."

Daylight Sales. Tell them WhoozOn1st sent you and receive a FREE blank stare!

We now return to our regularly scheduled posts.

As a reference for next time, Long Train, items like yours more properly belong in the Amtrak Unlimited Apparel & Shopping Forum.
You know while I wrote the post I almost PMed Alan to ask where I should put it then I relized if I put it in the wrong spot he would just move it anyway lol. But I think that sub forum wouldn't be to exciting lol. However thanks for that link they have better stuff then the amtrak store lol :lol: :lol:

Paid Advertisement
Thanks, I ordered 2 Daylight tees, one for me, and one for the grandson.

He's going to be one spoiled kid. :p But this is my rightful revenge over my daughter, right?

Paid Advertisement
As in Southern Pacific Daylight, with 4449? Got a couple of those myself, and a Daylight Sales black gabardine dress shirt with the old Daylight logo. Wore the gabardine to a meet & greet cocktail party a couple days before my niece's wedding at San Diego. Most people were from San Luis Obispo, where niece lives, and they all thought I got the shirt from an SLO garden supply store which calls itself Daylight and uses the logo. Spent half the party explaining about Daylight the train and where to get the shirt. :)

Wow. Just like any other topic tons of useful replies that luckily say good things as well as finding a new site that actually has better stuff :lol: but yeah I started the thread because they didn't send me a confirmation email or anything so, I was unsure.

Does anyone know if I can get the tracking number of my UPS package from them and if so, how.

thanks again

On an amtrak store tangent, the amtrak employees that I've asked tell me that things are sold on the amtrak store (like the route maps) that aren't :(

On an amtrak store tangent, the amtrak employees that I've asked tell me that things are sold on the amtrak store (like the route maps) that aren't :(
If your talking about the route map that is large and hangs on the wall you can find that from Great American Stations. Sorry I cant get you the link right now I'm in class lol but you can find it. :ph34r:

Sorry I cant get you the link right now I'm in class lol but you can find it.
Stop texting and pay attention to your teacher, ya little rat! No wonder you can't write your way out of a wet paper bag.
Ouch lol and well it was kind of free time... I had enough of the work done that I could check AU and see what was up and I knew the name of the place so I wanted to be helpful and I just didn't have the time to get the link. Well I'll PM you the story I just got published in my school newspaper lol and google searching my name will return a few award winning poems lol so I have some writing skills lol.

Paid Advertisement
As in Southern Pacific Daylight, with 4449? Got a couple of those myself, and a Daylight Sales black gabardine dress shirt with the old Daylight logo. Wore the gabardine to a meet & greet cocktail party a couple days before my niece's wedding at San Diego. Most people were from San Luis Obispo, where niece lives, and they all thought I got the shirt from an SLO garden supply store which calls itself Daylight and uses the logo. Spent half the party explaining about Daylight the train and where to get the shirt. :)
Yep, 4449 is the one.

I've experienced this, too. "Go to the store online" is the common reply to any "do you know where I can get this" question, even though it's almost never the correct answer. It's unfortunate that the store doesn't have more things and isn't better advertised (I've never seen it advertised on a train).

I've experienced this, too. "Go to the store online" is the common reply to any "do you know where I can get this" question, even though it's almost never the correct answer. It's unfortunate that the store doesn't have more things and isn't better advertised (I've never seen it advertised on a train).
Well I dont think they maintain it very well. I mean except maybe at the corporate big wig party no one is going to want an Amtrak logoed wine set. Some of the things on there are well in a word ridiculous. Gormuet Cheese Kit yeah they have em' lol so Yes I think that there contractor can do a much better job. Plus, aside from the foamers who wants amtrak golf shirts and hats? I mean I'm glad they have what they have and I wish they had more selection but again I think Amtrak is more worried about things like figuring out how they are going to keep in some cases 50 year old equipment running for tomorrows train. So, I am not sure where they store is going but I am happy they have the posters as they will confirm to all my friends I have clearly in there opinions lost my mind...

Paid Advertisement

You know, friends, as a well-dressed railfan people often come up to me at museums, on excursions, or during other foamer events, and ask "Wherever were you able to procure such a handsome, striking, sharp and debonaire railroad-related garment as the fine t-shirt in which you are currently attired?"

And I always reply, "Good sir, you obviously possess a fine intellect, keen powers of observation, and a remarkable appreciation of sartorial splendor. In response to your most welcome inquiry, for my railroad apparel requirements I always click on Daylight Sales. This excellent establishment offers a comprehensive collection of railroad-related regalia, listed by railroad and naturally inclusive of Amtrak. In addition there is a Bargain Corner section featuring sale and discontinued items."

We now return to our regularly scheduled posts.
Thanks for the web site. I ordered 4 calendars for myself and presents. I was suprised to find a ''one stop shopping'' site. I intend to use it next year. Thanks again.

GregL

Cripes, my t-shirt order got here today. I ordered it Tuesday, and shipped cheapest way (USPS). Not bad.

The shirts look great.

Cripes, my t-shirt order got here today. I ordered it Tuesday, and shipped cheapest way (USPS). Not bad.
The shirts look great.
NOTE: Petaluma is talking about Daylight Sales, not the Amtrak store. I get stuff quickly from Daylight Sales too, as they're right here in California, and even closer to Petaluma.

EDIT: One time I ordered from Daylight while traveling, and arranged for the shirt to meet me at Baltimore. Came right to my hotel, no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: One time I ordered from Daylight while traveling, and arranged for the shirt to meet me at Baltimore. Came right to my hotel, no problem.
What was the situation here? "Oh geez, here I am 3,000 miles from home, about to visit the B&O Railroad Museum, and I just realized I didn't pack anything appropriate to wear ... Oh! Of course, I know, Daylight can save me!" :D

What was the situation here? "Oh geez, here I am 3,000 miles from home, about to visit the B&O Railroad Museum, and I just realized I didn't pack anything appropriate to wear ... Oh! Of course, I know, Daylight can save me!" :D
I was thinking the same thing I mean I just can't see a situation where I was in a hotel on the other side of the country and was like gee its time for a new t shirt lol Whooz please do tell lol.

I was thinking the same thing I mean I just can't see a situation where I was in a hotel on the other side of the country and was like gee its time for a new t shirt lol Whooz please do tell lol.
Well if you MUST know...

It's kind of a long story, but since you guys seem to have nothing better to do than question my shopping techniques you apparently have time for it. :D

When I bought my first computer and went online from home (1998) I immediately recognized the internet's vast potential for the noble pursuit of chasing women. Within hours of intially logging on to AOL I was receiving IMs outta the blue. Yappy guy that I am I was always happy to talk. Then I discovered chat rooms, and it was all over.

Back in my Angry Samoans punk rocker days I handled the fan mail, and used it mainly to line up girls in cities where we were gonna be playing. Why not use the internet the same way for my travels?

So I did, and continue to do so, albeit on a more limited scale these days.

Since I didn't limit my chatting to U.S. rooms, and speak some German, I became close to a girl in Germany - talking on the phone, sending snail mail, exchanging gifts, and like that.

We eventually planned an east coast vacation together, and I met her when she arrived at JFK. A couple days in NYC, Lakeshore Limited to Chicago for a few days in that toddlin' town, LSL back to NYC. She'd never been on a train before, so got a crash course on the trip: Amtrak, LIRR, NYC subways, CTA, South Shore Line (NICTD), Metra, D.C. Metro, MARC, B&O Museum. The only day we didn't ride at least one train was a day off at Chicago (actually Franklin Park, where we stayed) to rest and do laundry.

We'd mostly been eating fast food. Since I do all my own cooking, and she did too, fast food was an unusual treat for us. However, we decided while in Chicago that on the southern leg of our trip, D.C./Baltimore, a romantic dinner at a nice restaurant would be in order.

And I didn't have a THING to wear!

Sure, I could go to any store and get something, but that would be wrong (and way too easy).

So instead I went online to Daylight Sales and ordered the black gabardine dress shirt with the Daylight logo (mentioned in a post above, and seen in use on Friday at the L.A. Gathering) to be quick shipped to meet me upon return to New York (hotel out in Hicksville on the LIRR). An e-mail from Dave at Daylight Sales informed me that he had sold out of the shirt the previous weekend at a 4449 excursion, but would have more in a couple days. We exchanged a few mails almost in real time trying to figure out an alternative (I wanted that shirt!), finally hitting on the shirt meeting me at Baltimore.

So it did, and I was able to dress decently for a romantic, upscale dinner of excellent crab cakes, other fine dishes, and fine wine.

I had already been a regular customer of Daylight Sales, and with Dave's personal assistance in that situation I became an enthusiastic one, which is why I push the outfit from time to time. BTW, as part of the same order I got the girl a "Women in Railroading" shirt (Bargain Corner), and an Amtrak logo shirt.

Does that answer the question?

EDIT: At the B&O Museum I wore an aircraft shirt (pretty good collection of those, too). Guy says, "What's that on your shirt?" "F-18." We started talking planes in a railroad museum. Turned out he was a museum docent, and he gave us a sort of behind the scenes tour of the shops and other stuff that most visitors don't get to see, as well as a personalized tour of the equipment out in the yard. You never know! This was all a few years ago, before the roof collapse.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your talking about the route map that is large and hangs on the wall you can find that from Great American Stations. Sorry I cant get you the link right now I'm in class lol but you can find it. :ph34r:
Its www.greatamericanstations.com

Though you are supposed to be either a travel agent, or otherwise related to promoting travel (ie chamber of commerce).

I did get a large map for my son though. Every night, he uses it to plan a trip, only to change his mind the next night for an even better one! I would consider that "Promoting Travel".

However, I obviously did not take advantage of them. I'm sure there are some who asked for 100, and then sold them on an online auction site. That will clearly ruin it for everyone else.

Daylight Sales seems to have a lot of stuff, but does anyone know where I might find t-shirts for kids (not toddlers, maybe 4 or 5 years old). Ideally, I'd like to get a Pennsylvania Railroad logo t-shirt for my daughter, but the Amtrak Store seems to have very little, and not a "simple" Amtrak logo t-shirt (besides a pink youth shirt). Daylight seems to have only adult-size shirts.

Any other good places to order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back