Orientation of Sleepers on the Crescent? (#20)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spidersfan351

Train Attendant
I am riding #20 it's entire length in two weeks, and have a roomette in the 2011 car. Does anyone know which end of this train the sleepers are placed? I have looked on Youtube (great source for this kind of question) and it appears that it varies. Is there a method to how Amtrak does this, or just a crapshoot.

I suppose it doesn't make a huge difference, I am simply partial to being on the very end and being able to look out the back window. Figured since i was in the 2011 car, I might get a shot to do this.

Any knowledge is welcomed!

During the winter the sleepers are on the rear to provide the ability to switch the consist with the Lake Shore so as to get the cars south to thaw out. The rest of the year the sleepers are on the head end behind the baggage car.

I am riding #20 it's entire length in two weeks, and have a roomette in the 2011 car. Does anyone know which end of this train the sleepers are placed? I have looked on Youtube (great source for this kind of question) and it appears that it varies. Is there a method to how Amtrak does this, or just a crapshoot.

I suppose it doesn't make a huge difference, I am simply partial to being on the very end and being able to look out the back window. Figured since i was in the 2011 car, I might get a shot to do this.

Four trips on the Crescent in the last few months and in all of them, the sleepers were up front.

You'll be in the first revenue car right behind the baggage car. The #10 car is next, then the diner and lounge followed by the coaches.

Thanks! I guess this has it's advantages too. Any of you guys bothered by the whistle late at night? I go back and forth...it's a nice sound some nights, others it seems a bit jarring. I suppose I will get a great chance to further evaluate this soon enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back