Pacific Surfliner bypass of LA Union Station - "Rare Mileage" Part 2 -Maps

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Open Railway Map showing the entire detour. Blue highlight is the normal routing for Amtrak and Metrolink. Pink highlight is the detour route for the Pacific Surfliner.
scan0001.jpg
Open Railway Map showing the main part of the detour onto UP and Alameda Corridor.
scan0002.jpg

Track diagram from the Union Pacific Los Angeles Area Timetable No. 5 showing the main part of the detour. Blue is the normal routing; pink the detour routing.
scan0005.jpg

River Subdivision - Metrolink Timetable #12.
scan0002_1.jpg

GPS track from my Garmin GPSMAP64ST overlaid on a satellite view.
GPS track satellite.png

My train, Pacific Surfliner #770 in Fullerton. We were one hour late arrving Fullerton; 24 minutes late arriving Chatsworth on #777.
20231227_113722_1.jpg

On the diagrams you show the Alameda Corridor. Are there any Metrolink trains that use that route? I thought it only went to the Port of LA.

Edit: After reading part 1 again, I see the Alameda Corridor is just used for a short distance to do a reverse move to or from Fullerton.
Yes, that is correct. The Union Pacific qualified crew (pilot) was required for us to use the Alameda Corridor.

Back