Pacific Surfliner Cancellations 1/23/16

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hmy1

Service Attendant
Anybody know why most of the Pacific Surfliner trains were cancelled today, Saturday 1/23? Looks like 763 made it to LAX and was then cancelled. 1761 made it to SLO. And then the rest seem to have been cancelled. I know some were already scheduled to not run due to trackwork in San Diego county. "Service disruption." Luckily, I'm not travelling today.

You answered your own question. There is track work. Some trains are running to certain points while others aren't running at all.

Pacific Surfliner: Track Work Affects Service between Oceanside and San Diego

Pacific Surfliner: Track Work Affects Service between Oceanside and San Diego
Effective Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in January 2016

Track work being performed by North County Transit District will affect Pacific Surfliner service, as described below:
Fridays: January 8, 15 and 22, 2016

Train 796 will operate normally to Oceanside, where bus service will be provided at all remaining stations on the route.
Saturdays and Sundays: January 9 - 10, 16 - 17 and 23 - 24, 2016Trains 562, 565 and 579 will be canceled. Passengers may make reservations aboard other Amtrak trains.
Southbound Trains 564, 566, 572, 580, 582, 768, 774 784, 796 and 1790 will operate normally to Oceanside, where express bus service will be provided from Oceanside to Solana Beach and from Oceanside to San Diego-Old Town only. Buses will not stop at Carlsbad Village, Carlsbad-Poinsettia, Encinitas and Sorrento Valley.

Northbound Trains 763, 567, 769, 573, 777, 583, 785, 591 and 595 will not operate from San Diego to Oceanside. Express bus service will operate from downtown San Diego to Oceanside and from Solana Beach to Oceanside only. Buses will not stop at San Diego-Old Town, Sorrento Valley, Encinitas, Carlsbad-Poinsettia or Carlsbad Village. Upon arriving at Oceanside, passengers will board their respective trains. Northbound buses will depart earlier than the corresponding train. Contact Amtrak for bus schedules.

We appreciate your patronage and apologize for any inconvenience. For schedules and information, visit

Last edited by a moderator:
Today is different. It appears that almost all trains are cancelled. Check any train as an example.

I see 1790 is currently operating, 1761 completed its run, 796 isn't schedule to depart yet, 785 is currently operating, 784 is currently operating, 777 has completed its run, 774 completed its run, 769 completed its run, 768 completed its run, 763 completed its run, 562 completed its run, 566 completes its run, 572 completed its run, 567 completed its run, 583 completed its run, 595 isn't schedule to depart yet.

I think I'm done checking. I'm not sure what you're looking at but they appear to adhere to the advisory listed above. Unless you have a specific train number that I didn't mention, I'm at a loss.

5414660_8716bf615a.jpg

Sorry, I am checking train status on Amtrak.com and the Amtrak Status Maps (which I believe simply pulls information from Amtrak.com). For almost all of the trains you listed it says Service Disruption. Is there a better source for train status information? Thanks.

Sorry, I am checking train status on Amtrak.com and the Amtrak Status Maps (which I believe simply pulls information from Amtrak.com). For almost all of the trains you listed it says Service Disruption. Is there a better source for train status information? Thanks.
Service disruption does not mean cancelled. It could be a reroute, time change, major delay.

There seems to be lots of issues with PTC. As far as I can tell. Sunset was delayed an hour last Friday I was on due to it. On Friday night this week same thing. The whole system stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back