Parking at WAS Union Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Train Attendant
AU Supporting Member
I was thinking about taking a long weekend trip out of Washington, DC. Union Station. I will be driving down from Pennsylvania. Thinking about catching the Silver Meteor at 10:59 PM in WAS.

Is there long term parking at WAS. Would be leaving car for about 4 days. Any idea how much it costs per day to park at or near WAS.

Or how about at an airport? Could I get a shuttle from a D.C. airport to WAS Union Station?

Joe

According to my research there is plenty of short and long term parking.

Under 1 hr $5

1 to 2 $8

2 to 6 $10

6 to 24 $12

Don't hold me to these prices. Web sites are not always current.

Some of the metrorail stations have parking for commuters at around $3-4 a day, then you could take the metrorail train to Union Station and avoid driving into the city.

From the metro transit website:

Multiple day parking is available at three stations: Greenbelt, Huntington and Franconia-Springfield. Each of these stations has between 15 and 17 spaces allocated for multi-day use, which are available on a first-come, first-served basis.

You may want to consider taking a train from Baltimore or Philedlphia depending on your location.

National Airport is on the Blue Line of the Washington Metro, with a transfer at Metro Center to the Red Line it's about a half hour ride from the Airport to Union Station. I know there is a parking garage at Union Station but I am not suer either of it's rates or whether it is still in use or not.

Don't count on finding a parking space at National :

Airport's Parking Lots Put Drivers on Standby
By Steven Ginsberg

Washington Post Staff Writer

Thursday, June 24, 2004; Page B01

John Moot figured that whatever circling he would be doing yesterday would be on his descent into Boston. But here he was, stuck on terra firma, stopping, starting and reversing in a parking garage at Reagan National Airport looking for a space to land his Saab convertible.. .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back