Parking lot at Buffalo Depew Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I need latest information about parking lot at Amtrak Depew Station (BUF) in Buffalo. Is it safe? The information I got from some website said that it is safe to park there, even for longer time (overnight). unfortunately, that is old information. I need the new one. Anyone has the experience? Bad or good experience?

I'm planning to have trip from Buff to NYP and need to park my car there for more than 3 days, maybe 5 days.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't have any problem leaving my car in the Depew station parking lot for a week (I've left it there for three days before with no problems). The station is located in a quiet suburb in the middle of nowhere, and is staffed 24 hours a day. Parking is free.

I would of course recommend the usual basic precautions of not leaving any valuables (or bags that look they might contain valuables) in sight in your car, etc.

I wouldn't have any problem leaving my car in the Depew station parking lot for a week (I've left it there for three days before with no problems). The station is located in a quiet suburb in the middle of nowhere, and is staffed 24 hours a day. Parking is free.

I would of course recommend the usual basic precautions of not leaving any valuables (or bags that look they might contain valuables) in sight in your car, etc.
You mean, the parking lot is attended?

Thanks anyway

No, I don't believe there's an attendant outside, but the station is open and staffed all night long and there are people coming and going late at night because of the calling hours of the Lake Shore Limited and the early Empire Service at 5 AM. So while it's always possible that someone would mess with your car, it's less likely than if you parked it somewhere that is completely vacant of people.

@JSmith and Long Train Runnin'

Thanks a lot for the information. I got two positive comments right now. Is there any other comment, negative thing?

If not, guys, do you mind if I say that the Depew station parking lot is free, unattended and perfectly safe? So I would go ahead with my planning to leave my car there...

In August of 2009 my brother left his van in the parking lot for two weeks while we biked the Erie Canal to Albany with no problems. Probably as safe as the street in front of your or my house.

@JSmith and Long Train Runnin'

Thanks a lot for the information. I got two positive comments right now. Is there any other comment, negative thing?

If not, guys, do you mind if I say that the Depew station parking lot is free, unattended and perfectly safe? So I would go ahead with my planning to leave my car there...
Yes the lot is free and I don't see a negative to parking there in my experiences.

Hi! I am planning to leave my car at Buffalo Depew station for 3 days in parking lot... Can someone help me out for this? is it safe to park there? I could see other comments which is posted in Dec'2010... I need latest information... Kindly someone reply me.... thanks

Hi! I am planning to leave my car at Buffalo Depew station for 3 days in parking lot... Can someone help me out for this? is it safe to park there? I could see other comments which is posted in Dec'2010... I need latest information... Kindly someone reply me.... thanks
Your car will still be safe there. A friend left her car there for 5 days last week with no problems.

Are there any issues finding parking by the Amtrak station? Does the station parking ever get full?

The only problem that I have had is parking spaces are scarce around the major holidays especially around Christmas and New Yorks due to the amount of snow we may get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back