Parking Tips for Alexandria, VA?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abcnews

OBS Chief
Four nights / five days. Is there somewhere close to the Alexandria station that has a reasonable overnight fee? In the past I would usually find a spot at the station, but I thought I saw some "One Hour Parking" signs the last few times I was there. I'm guessing they ended the "first come, first served" free parking. I have not parked there for some time, so I'm not familiar with the current parking setup.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's my backup plan - National Airport Long term. But the hotels near DCA in Crystal City are actually cheaper. And I saw on the Facebook forum version someone mentioned $15 a day at the Alexandria station (Pay to Park). I might just park at the station since it would end up being about $60, and it sounds like spaces are usually available. Then no shuttle fees with Uber/Taxi.

Crystal City hotels are in the $9 to $11 range(globalairportparking.com). DCA is listed under Regan instead of Washington. DCA economy parking is$15 the last time I used it. Taking the subway is probably cheaper than Uber with a station right at the airport and at Alexandria Amtrak station.

Back