Part 1 of my Amtrak Trip Completed

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfleet

Engineer
As some of you may have known, from the Sunday chat a couple weeks back, I am currently on vacation in Florida and my means of getting here were aboard Amtrak. On Sunday 2/15/04 I took Regional train #163 from Boston to New York and then the Silver Meteor #97 to West Palm Beach where I arrived the following evening on 2/15/03. No complaints (okay, well there are a few) and both Amtrak and CSX did an amazing job on keeping everything close to or on-time. I will post a full detailed report of this and the return trip when I get home. Right now I'm logged on where I'm staying in Florida so I'll try to visit the boards everyday. B)

Bill Haithcoat said:
Good to hear from you Amfleet. Hope all continues to go well.
I second that! :D

Looking forward to your trip report and my trip, which is less than two months away!

Amfleet said:
As some of you may have known, from the Sunday chat a couple weeks back, I am currently on vacation in Florida and my means of getting here were aboard Amtrak. On Sunday 2/15/04 I took Regional train #163 from Boston to New York and then the Silver Meteor #97 to West Palm Beach where I arrived the following evening on 2/15/03. No complaints (okay, well there are a few) and both Amtrak and CSX did an amazing job on keeping everything close to or on-time. I will post a full detailed report of this and the return trip when I get home. Right now I'm logged on where I'm staying in Florida so I'll try to visit the boards everyday. B)
Wait did you arrive on the 15 or 16? :blink: I was going to ride 97 on the 15 but was too tired when I woke up. How ironic would that have been if you were going to be on that train, and I was but I backed out.

battalion51 said:
Amfleet said:
Wait did you arrive on the 15 or 16? :blink: I was going to ride 97 on the 15 but was too tired when I woke up. How ironic would that have been if you were going to be on that train, and I was but I backed out.
Oops, small typo. I did indeed arrive into WPB on the 16th. So you would have missed me by a day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back