Partnerships between AmTrak and NYC Hotels

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were wondering about what sort of business partnerships Amtrak has with hotels in NYC, particularly those close to NY Penn Station. Like hotel room discounts for guests who travel with Amtrak or things to that effect. Is there a website or listing somewhere I can find out about these programs?

We were wondering about what sort of business partnerships Amtrak has with hotels in NYC, particularly those close to NY Penn Station. Like hotel room discounts for guests who travel with Amtrak or things to that effect. Is there a website or listing somewhere I can find out about these programs?
look on the amtrak website for Hotels.com

For the crew members Amtrak uses Corporate Lodging Consultants to negotiate rates for them. Last time I checked the crews were staying at a Comfort Inn near Penn...

About 3 or 4 years ago I arrived NYP on the Maple Leaf.

As I checked in at the Hotel Pennsylvania I saw the crew from my train checking in.

That is the only time I have seen that.

About 3 or 4 years ago I arrived NYP on the Maple Leaf.
As I checked in at the Hotel Pennsylvania I saw the crew from my train checking in.

That is the only time I have seen that.
Given the number of rooms that are needed on a nightly basis it's possible that there are different hotels for different crews. You've got TA's coming in from various places in the country, along with a small number of Albany based T&E each day. Wouldn't surprise me if they had two or three hotels they use regularly.

Wouldn’t hurt to ask at Customer Service in Penn Station.

I did that in Washington about 12 years ago.......I had arrived from Boston and really wanted to get settled into a hotel room and get cleaned-up after the overnight trip before touring the city for a couple of days. So I asked at Customer Service....... “Sure - Give them this card and tell them you’re traveling Amtrak” I believe it was a Comfort Inn and close to Union Station.....I remember thinking it was a really good rate that I got.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

F.Y.I.......For anyone traveling to Toronto, there is a special VIA rate at the Strathcona Hotel just around the corner from Union Station. Small but clean and modern and an excellent rate for a downtown hotel. (There’s a link to the VIA rate on their Home Page)

http://thestrathconahotel-px.trvlclick.com/

they stay at hotel penn right now!

For the crew members Amtrak uses Corporate Lodging Consultants to negotiate rates for them. Last time I checked the crews were staying at a Comfort Inn near Penn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back