Passengers delayed in Houston for hours

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superliner Diner

Conductor
Nothing newsworthy about this one, but the media probably picked up on it due to the higher level of travel this time of year. From KTRK-TV, ABC-13 in Houston, TX, 12/22/04:

(12/22/04 - HOUSTON) — About two dozen people heading home for the holidays on Amtrak spent several hours stuck in downtown Houston Tuesday.
The article says that the train was headed for Lafayette, LA. What about New Orleans, Mobile, or Florida? Or were they already planning to annul the train at Lafayette? That would be a strange thing to do since there are plenty of facilities to turn and service the train in New Orleans.

The photo caption also bothers me, because one of the two references to Amtrak is spelled with as "C", as "Amtrack". :angry: That pet peeve for me ranks as high as saying that conductors are operating the train, or calling commuter rail "light rail". :rolleyes:

The story is here.

This happens almost everyday, doesn't it? Why did the news just catch wind of it now? The bigger story that they seem to have completely missed is a little investigation into why it happens every day and the nearly nonexistent actions being taken to fix it...

jccollins said:
This happens almost everyday, doesn't it? Why did the news just catch wind of it now? The bigger story that they seem to have completely missed is a little investigation into why it happens every day and the nearly nonexistent actions being taken to fix it...
I think because of the Holidays

Back