Pax Shaming Online

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From this article at WTOP:

Passenger shaming a hit online

Just when airline passengers thought reclined seats were their biggest concern, a new social media trend is pointing out some of the worst passenger habits.
It's called "Passenger Shaming" and the trend online captures airline passengers' disgusting and rude habits. Some images show people who have propped their bare feet on tray tables, men who have opted to remove their shirts midflight and travelers who have ditched diapers, dentures and wigs.

The photos are submitted anonymously to the Passenger Shaming Facebook and Twitter pages.
View some of the submissions below: [or not]

Looks like someone flipped their wig. Literally. #PassengerShaming pic.twitter.com/8YNA2KvVzQ
— Passenger Shaming (@PassengerShame) July 28, 2013

Playing footsie!#PassengerShaming pic.twitter.com/MTyJHoCdo8
— Passenger Shaming (@PassengerShame) July 22, 2013

Dirty diapers in seat back pockets are always a fun surprise!#PassengerShaming pic.twitter.com/UGNcXHwzF1
— Passenger Shaming (@PassengerShame) May 5, 2013
I don't use facebook or twitter, but maybe Amtrak needs its own pages for this?

For example I was on a train going into CHI last October and a pax was told to sit down by a conductor and didn't...

Oh wait.... :ph34r: :blush: :ph34r:

:p

How can it be passenger shaming if the passenger in question isn't shown in the picture? Some of the shaming videos I've seen in the past look like someone's mocking a mental deficiency or chemical imbalance. I'm a cynical guy with thick skin but I still feel bad for people who have the misfortune of experiencing some sort of mental breakdown in public, especially if it's due to circumstances beyond their control. That being said I have absolutely no problem shaming people who act obnoxious as a result of an inflated ego, starved conscience, or drug induced stupidity. Most of my trips have been pretty uneventful but there have been a few passengers who really tested me with severe body oder or antisocial behavior or extreme levels of noise or making derogatory comments about other races and such. Perhaps if those folks were aware that public shaming was a possibility they'd rethink their attitude?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back