Pennsylvania Governor Rendell Issues Statement Reg

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Press Release Source: Pennsylvania Office of the Governor

Pennsylvania Governor Rendell Issues Statement Regarding Amtrak Vote to Create Separate Entity for Northeast Corridor

Thursday October 13, 6:54 pm ET

HARRISBURG, Pa., Oct. 13 /PRNewswire/ -- Pennsylvania Governor Edward G. Rendell today issued the following statement in response to a report that the Amtrak board voted to create a separate entity to operate the Northeast Corridor without consulting Governors throughout the Northeast.

"Tearing Amtrak to pieces won't solve anything and I hope that's not what they're doing. America's rail system needs to operate as an integrated whole so it can offer more and better service. Dividing it into smaller and smaller pieces will only take us further from that goal.

Story

Does this (or any of the news that you post) have an original source?

This particular statement doesn't appear to be on Gov. Rendell's official web site.

Just because it isn't on Governor Rendell's website does not necessarily mean he didn't release the statement.

Sometimes those kind of statements only go out to news outlets. OTOH, they should be on the PR Newswire website somewhere. It may well be the release is on part of the site where only accredited journos can acess it.

I'll nose around; perhaps I can find something more to post here.

Sam Damon said:
Just because it isn't on Governor Rendell's website does not necessarily mean he didn't release the statement.
Sometimes those kind of statements only go out to news outlets.
I don't consider someone's personal website to be a "news outlet." I need known news sources to be able to pass these articles on to other people.

sechs,

I did not mean to imply that BNSF_1088's site was a "news outlet."

I was attempting to discuss the issue in a general manner.

I didn't say that the good governor didn't release such a statement, either -- just that it wasn't on his official web site.

Just because someone posts a bit of information here, or elsewhere, doesn't make it true. If one can show that information came from a trusted source, folks will know that it's real news.

Back