Pennsylvanian 100% OTP

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heavesrock

Train Attendant
The Pennsylvanian is listed as having an OTP of 100% in the month of December. Is that just for endpoints or for all stations on the route?

Endpoints I'd assume.
But the Penny always has really great OTP
Not when I rode it... The conductor told us NS delayed it "regularly". We were delayed 2 1/2 hours by in Harrisburg in September '07.

But that was 18 months ago. Perhaps things have changed.... I see Amtrak claims 86.7% OTP for the past 12 months. It hasn't been later than 12 minutes (not considered late at all) in either direction in the past 4 weeks. Going westbound, it was 3 minutes late once, and ahead of schedule all the rest! That is 100% OTP.

Maybe NS has seen the light! :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Endpoints I'd assume.
But the Penny always has really great OTP
Not when I rode it... The conductor told us NS delayed it "regularly". We were delayed 2 1/2 hours by in Harrisburg in September '07.

But that was 18 months ago. Perhaps things have changed.... I see Amtrak claims 86.7% OTP for the past 12 months. It hasn't been later than 12 minutes (not considered late at all) in either direction in the past 4 weeks. Going westbound, it was 3 minutes late once, and ahead of schedule all the rest! That is 100% OTP.

Maybe NS has seen the light! :huh:
Or are afraid of getting a federal injunction signed against them!

42, 43, and 44 are very good with NS. Why I have not a clue. But NS must love those trains! LOL!
The lines are exceptional around that area, especially around Altoona. I would imagine the thoroughbreds have their best track laid in that area to deal with the large amount of traffic.

I have ridden the Pennsylvanian several times in 2008 and we were either early into PGH or on time. I think the same was true for HAR as well.

It is a nice train with nice scenic views from PHL until dark.

Maybe the dispatchers and maintainers on this section of NS could give some pointers to those on the Chicago-South Bend district. Truly night and day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back