PETA Loves Amtrak!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we might as well hijack this thread right off the bat. Why beat around the bush?

Notice the engine number they plastered the cat on. Are they trying to tell us something? Is there some sort of hidden message? :ph34r:

Well, we might as well hijack this thread right off the bat. Why beat around the bush?

Notice the engine number they plastered the cat on. Are they trying to tell us something? Is there some sort of hidden message? :ph34r:
Catastrophe ? :ph34r: :eek:

Catastrophe ? :ph34r: :eek:

fcebf702237c9d3d84ea5e1514a42c14826d9ceb65328c831f24cf0b29277d1a.jpg

One would not expect People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals and Amtrak to be mentioned in the same story, let alone the same sentence, but here it is:

http://www.railwayage.com/index.php/passenger/intercity/amtrak-training-cats-and-dogs-is-a-good-thing-says-peta.html
Well, I think this is the first time I've heard PETA in the news for something other than an outlandish statement [such as their campaign urging college students to drink beer rather than milk]. Regardless of whether you like or dislike the new Amtrak policy, PETA's statement seems rather sensible and even-keeled.

Has anyone here contacted them to suggest that, if they continue to run the ad, they change the number on the locomotive and tell them why? I was going to, but they want way too much personal information from me (I used to get a steady stream of junk mail from them and don't want to start that again).

If this ad runs in general interest magazines, none of their readers will recall that Locomotive 601 was involved in the Philadelphia wreck. Only we First World foamers will.

Are you sure it's from an actual Amtrak ad? It doesn't look like it to me. The graphic is simply credited to "catchannel.com" which I'm guessing simply used a photo of Amtrak engine they found through Google. And that particularly engine probably rose to the top of the search results due to its place in the news. (just a guess)

To me, it's more of a "faux pas" ["fur paw?"] on the part of Railway Age for using that graphic. Of all publications, they should know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back